Monday, April 20, 2009

Fish Tacos

After searching long and hard for the Fast and Easy Tilapia Tacos with Pineapple Salsa recipe I came to the conclusion that it doesn't exist. Instead I think I used this recipe as a guide, and modified it for the ingredients and time I had on hand. Dave loved it and that is saying a lot because Dave usually just tolerates fish.

Marinade (this is copied straight from the recipe):
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Dice 3 tilapia fillets and marinate while you make the salsa. Wrap in foil and grill, or saute on the stove.

The Food Network recipe has a complicated salsa recipe with ingredients I don't buy. I just made my own pico de gallo with fresh tomatoes, green peppers, red onion, cilantro, salt and pepper and added some pineapple. Last time I made it I may have just mixed pineapple into salsa.

Serve in warm corn or flour tortillas with diced avocado, crema (sour cream with a little lime juice), fish and pineapple salsa.

See fast and easy.