Thursday, April 2, 2009

Granola

I said I was going granola, now I'm even making it.

I don't know what happened since Eli was born, but I just cannot take cereal anymore. I feel horrible after I eat it, and since I need a quick alternative to oatmeal, this has made it into the morning rotation. The recipe is from Heather M in my ward.

4 C rolled grain, such as oats
1 C whole grain flour
3/4 C honey
1 C coconut
1/4 C cooking oil
1 t. vanilla

Thoroughly mix together. Spread on baking sheet, bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally (okay I never stir it while it's cooking--too lazy, just give it a good stir or two while it cools to keep it from hardening into a giant granola bar.)

After cooking, add any of the following optional ingredients.
1/4 C sunflower seeds
1/4 C chopped nuts
1/4 C sesame seeds
1/2 C dried fruit
or my personal favorite, chocolate chips and craisins.