Monday, September 28, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie

For the past eight years I have been lucky enough to share in Bruce and Vivienne's peach harvest, and even with all the baked peach pies, peach smoothies, peach ice cream, and peach cobblers I've made I had never made a fresh peach pie. In fact, I had never even heard of fresh peach pie until last week when two different fresh peach pie recipes were sent my way. I have only made one so far, the one from my Aunt Cheryl, who totally gives Marie Callender a run for her money. It was delicious and I am hooked. I think this will be my peach dessert of choice for a while.

Slice 3 fresh peaches into cooked and cooled pie shell.

Mash two more peaches and add:
1 C. sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 C. water

Cook 5 minutes until it boils.
Add 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring and 2 Tbsp butter

Pour over sliced peaches and chill.

Serve with whipped cream.